Friday, August 20, 2010

How do I share printers, files and programs between several computers that are networked together?

I have several computers with various hardware and software. No two computers have the same things. I want to utilize all computers in one computer room and share all hardware and software between them. Is this possible?



How do I share printers, files and programs between several computers that are networked together?computer repair



Right mouse button click and say SHARE.... an example is to go to your printers on the control panel, and Right mouse button click and say SHARE. You can also do it to specific drives or drive folders if you want others to share with you.



I have a desktop and 2 laptops all sharing files and I'm able to print from any of them. You just have to 'enable sharing''. Try going to help %26 support and say ''enable sharing'' and you should get some links on your computer.



How do I share printers, files and programs between several computers that are networked together?free antivirus



Yes this is possible. You say your computers are already networked together. On any file or folder or hardware device(printer) that you would like to share, copy it over to your shared folder which you should see if you go into my computer, you should see ''Shared Documents'' if its not there then it will be under c:\documents and settings\your profile name\shared documents
Open up My Computer. Then, right click what you want to share. Go to Sharing and Security. Choose Share this folder. Name the share. Click OK.



On the other computers, Connect to a shared drive and browse for the share you just created.



You can do this for drives, printers, CD drives, etc. Just right click in My computer and do the same stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment