Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How do Acer computers compare to others?

I'm saving up for a laptop this year, and I found one that I want, an Acer Laptop for about $560. Is Acer a good brand? I've never heard of Acer before, and I've only owned HP computers. How does Acer compare to other brands? Just curious. I'm skeptical of new brands. :)



How do Acer computers compare to others?computers



If the deal had completed, Acer is going to or has already bought out gateway.



Gateway is an outstanding buy. From the reviews I have read about Acer their computers are well worth buying. From what I have heard and/or read you're way better off buying Acer than Dell.



Acer has an outstanding reputation. So has Gateway, especially their customer service. From what I read in mags of the diference between Acer and Gateway is that Acer, like Dell, manufactures their computer with branded parts, while gateway components are generic parts. Which is why the same specs in a computer of Acer and Dell are more expensive than a Gateway computer. Of all of the people I personally know who has a Gateway are glad they bought Gateway. Think of medicine, you can buy branded at a higher price or generic at a lower price, yet they both still works as well as the other usually.



Here's the biggest difference between Acer and Gateway compared to Dell and other computer manufacturers, that is coustomer service, even recently I have heard horror stories from people who have bought a Dell. I still hear that Dell has the worst costumer service. About 2 months ago I warned a guy about buying a Dell computer. He ignored my warning and bought a Dell anyway. He regretted buying it, right away when he recieved the computer he had problems with it and he said he had the hardest time with their customer service trying to resolve the problem he's having.

No comments:

Post a Comment