Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I have two computers - one desktop and one laptop, and one LAN cable.?

I want to connect both the computers to share files...I am using WIN XP. ?Please help me out



I have two computers - one desktop and one laptop, and one LAN cable.?anti virus protection



One. You'll need to make sure the cable is a crossover calbe, not a straight through.



Hook the cable into both computers NIC(Network Card).



You'll need to set IP's for this to work well.



Open the NIC properties on both computer. Set one PC to(these are the ones I use...easier that way) 123.45.67.89 and the other one to 123.45.67.90.



Set the default gateway on both machines to 123.45.67.1



And set the network mask to 255.255.255.0.



Next right click on My Computer on both computers and click on Computer Name. Make sure both computers have the same name listed in the workgroup. If you change it, you'll need to reboot.



Next is to share a folder, or folders on both computers. It may take a bit for each computer to recognize the other.



Enjoy!



I have two computers - one desktop and one laptop, and one LAN cable.?antivirus



get the two computer to work on ur network.after that u can share file from one computer to another
plug the lan cable into the lan ports on the desktop and laptop then run the network setup wizard on both pcs

No comments:

Post a Comment