Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How do I setup a LAN between 3 computers?

One of my computers has an Internet connection.I want to share it with the other 2 computers too.What hardware and software will be involved?I dont want to spend too much.I want to setup this LAN using Cat 5 ethernet cable as I have lots of it.Also will the internet connection speed slow down?If it does then what is the alternative so that I can have the same speed on all 3 at the sametime.Will I also be a ble to download stuf on all 3 computers at the same time?Pls help me!



How do I setup a LAN between 3 computers?antivirus software



Go step by step ----



1. u got to have 2 network cards on the computer u have internet on...and one each on the other computers....and a switch or a hub.



2. connect the internet broadband cable in one of the two network cards and configure its IP addresses as told by the Internet service provider...



3. put one end of the cross cable in the hub and the other end in the other network card....



4. similarly put one end of the cross cable in the hub and other in the network card of the other two computers...



5. now configure ip addresses and subnet masks of each computer by giving ip addresses of the same range....for example - - 192.168.0.10 and 192.168.0.11 and 192.168.0.12....



6. now ryt click on my computer , and give a uniform workgroup like mshome....



This should start the internet as well as file sharing in all computers....

No comments:

Post a Comment