Friday, August 20, 2010

I had two computers,I moved and left one, how do I make sure that no critical information remains?

I need to make sure that even a guy that builds computers can't access any of my files, pages etc they must not be able to get anything what do i do:????



I had two computers,I moved and left one, how do I make sure that no critical information remains?computer



Remove the HDD. Memory Modules, get all of your saftey gear on and smash them into little pieces. On the HDD you can remove the Platter/disks and you do not have to actually destroy the case. Then remove the CMOS battery, and take all to a certified Recycleing outfit.



Now the trick, take 1/3rd of the parts and pieces to that place every week for 2 weeks, the other week you dont need because you tossed that in a dumpster on the way.



I had two computers,I moved and left one, how do I make sure that no critical information remains?free spyware



Normally you can just reformat your hard drive to erase the dsts on the disk(s). However, there are methods to recover info from a reformatted hard drive. If you really want to wipe your hard drive clean, you can use this free utility.



http://dban.sourceforge.net/



It uses several advanced wipe methods including one used by the Department of Defense. You just install the program on a floppy disk, keep the disk in the drive, and reboot your machine. The disks will be overwritten several times (or more if you choose, but that takes a LONG time) with random data making it impossible to recover any data off the disk. More detailed info/directions can be found on the website.
don't be too hard on yourself....we all have once in our life have done something just as dumb.....a computer guru in Greece sent me a program he called bcwipe......run it 3 times and then reboot..it writes over anything and would take FBI special programs to get into even if then......
Get back the one that you left! That's the ONLY way you're going to guarantee that nothing can be recovered.



  • howtomovethingswithyourmind
  • ears pierced without parent
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment